Welcome

Real Canadian Politics is our political blog, where we talk about recent happenings in the political world.
Cole also has a personal blog.

Monday, July 19, 2010

"We're not the natural governing party"

Just found an amazing article in The Star about the Liberal Express, and what Ignatieff hopes to accomplish with it. I would like to share some particularly good quotes from the Leader himself, completely unscripted and off-the-cuff:

“We’re not the natural governing party, we have to earn it. The Conservatives won’t defeat themselves; we have to defeat them with a compelling alternative,” he says. “The alternative — we have to work for it, we have to earn it. We don’t pull policy out of a little policy shop in Ottawa. You’ve got to get a party engaged in policy. Because policy, it’s about belief, it’s about passion, it’s about conviction.”

“People underestimate my perseverance at their peril . . . I’m still here. And I’ve actually got more enthusiasm for what I’m doing now than ever. I really do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment